Alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) powered by electricity, natural gas, hydrogen and propane are growing in popularity. Availability and awareness of fueling stations is an important consideration in supporting the growth of the AFV marketplace. This webinar focused on corridor, general service and specific service signage and associated issues for AFV fueling stations.
- Diane Turchetta, Federal Highway Administration, will discuss the National Alternative Fuels Corridor designations. See more here.
- State DOT Updates on Signage for Designated AFV Corridors. Hear from states installing signage for their designated AFV corridors. See more here.
- Timothy Sexton, Minnesota DOT
- Landon Masters, South Carolina Energy Office / Palmetto Clean Fuels
- Julia Gold, Rhode Island DOT
- Don Howe, California DOT, will discuss AFV signage and policies associated with the California-specific version of the MUTCD and the process for developing new signage standards. See more here.
- David Roberts, VEIC, will discuss smartphone apps and in-vehicle navigation system options for AFV station wayfinding as well as the AFV toolkit aimed at helping public agencies plan new alternative fuel initiatives. See more here.